December 9, 2015 – MINUTES
Beachwood Elementary Vegetable Garden Committee
Media Center at Beachwood Elementary
Attendance: Andrea D, Stephanie O, Jenn L, Sue M, Greg M, Mrs. Josberger, & Theresa L
- Benches/shed/ main gate –?
- We may have a new group of dads willing to construct a shed using repurposed fencing (if we need them)
- Still need help on benches and entrance gate
- Thank you cards
- In process
- Family fit night
- Healthy refreshments-talking to ShopRite for some donations; I will make butternut squash soup to give out free samples
- Garden pins- we will have subcommittee to make
- Smencils- in process of ordering mint scent smencils
- T-shirt order form –working on order forms… we will sell t-shirts for $16 checks payable to PTO. We need to get an order together of 2 doz orders ASAP (done)
- List of things we need: repurposed wood fencing (for art); acrylic paint; shed; rakes; shovels; hand tools; mailboxes; garden gloves(plan for each student to bring a set of garden gloves); pods; trays; solar caps for posts; wheel barrels
- Security have temporary camera for now…
- small fundraisers like putting buttons together etc. and
- local businesses to sell our bricks.
- Brick fundraiser
- We agreed to absorb the cost of a brick for donation – we are going to raffle it off at family fit night
- Brick on us? To family that donated $700 cement block – agreed to purchase this family’s brick.
Open to public
- Next meeting we will work on finding a date and specifics of our appreciation day… In June… This will be during school hours so students can show appreciation